Monday, July 6, 2009

Quarterlife Crisis

So my plans for this summer were to take some time and search for myself. So far I've not found anything.

A friend once told me that "you are a compilation of events you experience" and there's definitely no shortage of interesting events in my past but I can't help but wonder who it is that they've created.

I've certainly known my share of whimsical people and some of whom I'd even call crazy, and I believe they've all left an imprint on me in one way or another.

I'd say the most recent group of interesting people who have entered my life are the ones I met in my first year of college. There's just something about stepping out on your own for the fist time and testing out the waters of adulthood. It's scary. But somehow it was made much better by the wonderful people I had the pleasure of living with at the dorm.


Those who are in most of my college memories include my roommate whom I will refer to as Smurfette due to her love of the color blue, and the two lovely ladies in the room across from us: Mooshy (because that's how she liked to describe things that were squishy) and You Guys (because one time I was walking with her and one of the guys in our hall saw us and said "hi M, hi you guys" so we came to the conclusion that her nickname would be You Guys.)

Memorable moments include every time we went to Cha for Tea and we got Boba and Smurfette would make dirty ball sucking jokes. Some of which made it to Mooshy and You Guys' wall of funny quotes that were heard around campus.

One of them was the very wise advice from my roommate that "You shouldn't suck balls and laugh at the same time"

And Mooshy's exclamation, "Your thing is that long?!" (referring to my camera's ability to take lengthy videos.)

Other memorable moments include the random drunk guy walking outside our window in the middle of the night chanting "The whole world is watching. The whole world is watching..."

Aside from all the fun times we had though, there were many tears shed. And I'd like to be able to say that I've worked through those tears and grown but no. I am still as troubled by my worries as I was back then. Which brings me back to the personal identity crisis and how it's holding me back in life. If only in life there was an easy button like in those commercials.

<3 MM

No comments:

Post a Comment